• 1 pound zucchini (or any summer squash), sliced into ½-inch rounds
• 3 tablespoons (or less) olive oil, divided
• 3 small cloves garlic
• 10 (or more) mint leaves
• 1/3 cup of : cilantro, parsley and dill
• 2 tablespoons pine nuts or walnuts, lightly toasted ( I did both )
• 1 to 2 teaspoon red wine vinegar or white balsamic or whatever vinegar you have
• Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
• Additional mint to garnish (optional)
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add half the zucchini and sauté, flipping and turning every few minutes, until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Don't salt them yet!
While your zucchini cooks, combine in a food processor the : garlic, mint, parsley, cilantro, dill vinegar and olive oil and mix well Until you get pesto texture, taste and adjust if needed
When the zucchini is golden, simmer down
Then add (directly on the skillet) along with the herb-garlic mixture and the vinegar, to taste. Taste for salt, add touch of black of pepper. Toss well. Add nuts. Scoop everything out onto a serving plate. Right before serving, sprinkle on extra herbs if using.