1 cup ofshredded mozzarella ( I used “so delicious “ it’s vegan )
1/2 cup basil
Spices: salt , pepper
1. Cut the eggplant lengthwise (about 1/2 an inch thick) making sure each slice is still attached to the stem.
2. Salt the inside of the eggplant generously (on both sides of each slice).
3. Place the eggplant in a colander and let stand for about 1 hour (this removes the excess water in the eggplant).
4. Rinse the eggplant under cold water for a few minutes to remove all of the salt.
5. Pat dry each slice of the eggplant.
6. Place the eggplant on parchment paper (fan it out as much as possible).
7. Brush each slice generously with olive oil
8. bake in a preheated oven at 350F for one hour.
9. While the eggplant is in the oven, let’s work o cheesy yummy filling, on a medium high heat skillet, sauté cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, pine nuts and chopped basil for 5 minutes and simmer down, add minced garlic if you are garlic lover
10. Add shredded mozzarella of your choice ( I used vegan one ) and mix all together until it’s all melted and blended
11. Slowly and carefully insert the filling in between the eggplant ( it’s super hot be careful) and back to the oven for 3 minutes