1. Cut the eggplant lengthwise (about 1/2 an inch thick) making sure each slice is still attached to the stem.
2. Salt the inside of the eggplant generously (on both sides of each slice).
3. Place the eggplant in a colander and let stand for about 1 hour (this removes the excess water in the eggplant).
4. Rinse the eggplant under cold water for a few minutes to remove all of the salt.
5. Pat dry each slice of the eggplant.
6. Place the eggplant on parchment paper (fan it out as much as possible).
7. Brush each slice generously with olive oil
8. bake in a preheated oven at 350F for one hour.
9. While the eggplant is in the oven let’s work on our delicious filling: combine the avocado, cream cheese, chopped cilantro, spicy pepper and lemon juice in a large mixing bowl, mix it well , make sure the avocado is blended completely and mashed by a fork and mix well with all the ingredients taste and adjust if needed .
10. Inserts the filling in between the eggplant slices, be carful it’s super hot! And back to the oven for 3 minutes
* Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and Zahtar .