1. Lightly oil your grill or grill pan and set over medium heat.
2. Rinse the quinoa well and Place 1 cup quinoa in a medium sized pot with 2 cups of water and a pinch of salt. Bring the water to boil, then reduce it to a simmer. Cover the quinoa and simmer for 15 minutes, or until all of the liquid has been absorbed. Fluff the quinoa with a fork and allow it to rest, covered, for 10 minutes. ( or follow the instructions on your quinoa bag )
3. While the quinoa cooks, cut the avocados in half and remove the pits. Brush the avocados lightly with olive oil and drizzle with lemon juice, Sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Place the avocados, cut side down, on the grill. Or on your grill cheese sandwich toaster Allow them to cook for 5 minutes, or until they have nice grill marks. Remove them from heat and set aside.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the quinoa, cherry tomatoes, basil, mushrooms, olive oil, vinegar, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper to taste.
6. Fill each avocado with quinoa salad. Serve, garnished with basilif desired, enjoy😊
note - if you are a spicy lover add fresh sliced jalapeño